A Dec. 26 list of “10 journalists to watch in 2014” by Dylan Byers of Politico listed no journalists of color and such choices as showman Glenn Beck and celebrity relative Ronan Farrow of MSNBC, both thin on journalism credentials. But critics of the list pointed to “12 Of The Smartest Women of Color On Twitter” from September on alldigitocracy.org; TV Week’s “12 To Watch In TV News [PDF],” which included Roland Martin of TV One, Hari Sreenivasan of PBS and Alicia Menendez of Fusion; “Journalists—Of Color!—To Watch In 2014” by Gene Demby of NPR’s “Code Switch”; and, spotlighting news sources rather than journalists, “15 Fiercest Sisters of 2013” from fierceforblackwomen.com. In November, Matt Wilstein of mediaite.com listed “The 50 Sexiest in TV News,” including Ann Curry, Sanjay Gupta, Tamron Hall, Van Jones, Don Lemon, Betty Liu, Richard Lui, Menendez, Natalie Morales, Byron Pitts, Carl Quintanilla, Jorge Ramos, Robin Roberts, Troy Roberts, Touré and Alex Wagner.
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Republicans Are Playing a Game of Jenga With Health Care Reform
- La. Mom Says She’s Done Having Kids After Giving Birth to 14-Pound Son
- Fla. Teen Accused of Masquerading as Doctor Indicted in Separate Va. Fraud Case
- Sen. Chuck Schumer Will Oppose Jeff Sessions’ Nomination for Attorney General
- Spy Chief Tries to Make Peace With Trump Over Russian Dossier